What is it about the summer months that make them go by so much faster than the winter months?
Here I am, one-third of the way through the timeline I have set for this challenge, and I just don’t feel like there is enough time for me to do everything I want to do. Like I said in my first post, life gets in the way—and in the summer, life just moves a lot more quickly.
There have been weddings, barbeques, showers and house repairs taking up my free time so I haven’t been able to go do anything. All the fresh fruit and veggies mean that I am just eating at home more often. And the unrelenting heat has been keeping me inside when the sun is above the horizon.
I do have big plans for the rest of the challenge, though:
- The Idaho State Historical Museum will be closed for an almost-three-year remodeling project starting Aug. 4 so I will visit that before I miss my chance.
- An Idaho Winery Tour is something I have always wanted to do so that is on the list for August, I just haven’t gotten around to booking it.
- Free movie in the park? Yes, please. “The Lego Movie” is playing in Settler’s park on August 29.
- I have discovered there is haunted history tour (thank you, Groupon!).
- Paddle boats at Julia Davis Park—I might be one of the only people left in town who has not done this yet.
Of course, there are so many other things that I want to do and just won’t have time to do—at least during this summer. Even though the days are longer right now, it seems there are still just not enough hours to conquer all that Boise has to offer.